This period feels this year for me and all thanks to Cory 🙄 We started off March still sharing some jokes and some of us were excited to try this working from home thing until boyfriend ya lona announced that he’s putting the country on lockdown. I’m tired of everything that has to do with anything and I’m extremely naar coz I have to deal with everything sober 😭 buhhh anyway we move akere 💁🏾♀️
Outside of the current pandemic, I still had some naarce things that I loved in March and April, and they are:
1. Ntombi’s Wigs: my cousin has been making my “big hair” wig since I discovered she had a talent for this 2017. I’ve owned 2 already, The first one I started off with a very subtle length in the beginning and the new one has more volume and DRAMA 😏. She recently made one for my collegue Refilwe… ke le boneng emo tshwanela jwang hleng 😍
2. Slay Festival Joburg: there with MPL. My stall had plain and print doeks as well as some earrings from Alma B Collections. For every sale made, the customer would get a complimentary MPL hair food and detangling brush… this strategy worked so well I even sold out all my print doeks. I also got into trouble with some of the ladies because of the samples I had on display lol they wanted them (including the white Alma B Collections drop earrings) 🤣 there was one who even bought a sample because she wanted it so bad. I’ve made a note not to display sample stock coz yoh 😅
Mmorong 😊@kennamaletsatsi will be at @SheLeadsAfrica's #SLAYFestivalJoburg this Saturday ka di doeks. If you will be there please come through to the stall there 🙏🏾— Shop byMaletsatsi (@bymaletsatsi) March 5, 2020
There's something naarce for the first 15 customers that buy doeks 😉 you'll see it when you are there nje 😊 pic.twitter.com/pHoDla5pwy
3. Photobooth Party: so this party was the same day as the Slay Festival and boy was it hectic 🙆🏾♀️ I was playing artist manager as my other business Le’Afrinique was the media partner at the event. So we had organized Lucille Slade and Tony X to perform on the day as part of a new service for the platform… This event thing is not easy shame. And thanks to the broader team, artists, DJs, and people that showed up and stayed regardless of the technical issues we had. Amazing job to Lebo Mashigo on pulling this concept off and Phumzile for holding the fort assisting 🙏🏾 hope le ready for the next one!
View this post on Instagram
The much anticipated Photo-booth Party is back on Saturday the 7th of March 2020 at @dasslersjhb Braamfontein with yet another exciting event, featuring one of the nation’s most loved photographers; @aust_malema . You can expect to get your portrait taken while hanging out with your squad over some tasty drinks and of course great music. #PhotoboothParty2020
4. Jhene Aiko’s “Chilombo”: firstly that yellow doek grabbed my attention (wore mine the day the album dropped 😁) secondly the album is full of meditation sounds while it’s a vibe… If you block out all the vocals you can actually hear these elements. Maybe it’s also expected because she’s a Chakra Queen, she wouldn’t have had the album done any other way. My fave has to be the B.S. with H.E.R. 🙆🏾♀️ I’ll leave it at “some of y’all ain’t never had no real bitch and it shows” 🤧🤭
5. Recycling Glass: I’ve honestly never been a recycling person and this media drop got me kicking myself coz I actually could’ve done good and recycled all the wine bottles I’ve been throwing away… I still have some wine bottles I need to throw away but I can’t do it now because we’re in lockdown 🥺 hope this ends soon.
6. Goodleaf: I attended the Goodleaf Parkhurst store launch and witness cannabis wellness heaven 😍 from the entrance to the inside there’s a “green” product… We even had CBD infused sparkling water (in my top 3 of things I liked there). I’m currently using their relief roller (because of stress levels from being indoors, being sober, and working from home). It smells nice yona but I wish it had that THC kick in it yazi. The one product I’m very keen to own is the vapes tsa bona. Those have some effect especially these ones.
7. Grolsch Potsoyi: I spend my last social gathering outing Grolsch and my other media friends at Shimza’s The Hang Awt. Even though Papi and I almost made a u-turn we ended up going and it was naarce and chilled shame. Sunday vibes music, meat platters, and overflowing on drinks 👌🏾 they also had a live performance by Kitchen Mess 😭🔥🙆🏾♀️ that guy and his voice uhhhhh yes!
8. Covid-19 Drops: Forever & Young’s Thrives, Dettol dropped off some “stay at home and make sure it’s extra clean and fresh” media drops that were very thoughtful. The lockdown became even more hectic before I could receive a mask from House of Hohwa – they look so cool yohhh 👌🏾… These care packages are really top tier essential to my heart right now 😭 very thoughtful 🙏🏾
9. Head Wrap Challenge: MPL hosted a competition on the best headwrap style and I had the opportunity to do some tutorial videos for them to inspire anyone that wanted to order. The winner has already been announced but you can still find the tutorial videos here 🌻… I’m hosting virtual doek tutorials so if you are interested you can book me on Setmore.
#ICYMI @kennamaletsatsi has new doek tutorials on the #mplhair Insta page to help with your #headwrapchallenge entries 🔥— Shop byMaletsatsi (@bymaletsatsi) April 3, 2020
You stand a chance to win a @CheckersSA voucher worth R1000 if your doek skill is on fleek 😍
Follow the link and get entering 👑https://t.co/u8oMqxNhKx pic.twitter.com/glYIj6l73u
10. ORS Hair Care Shampoo & Conditioner: I went to the “home salon” not so long ago because I’ve been so spoiled going to an actual salon. While there, I tried the Creamy Aloe Shampoo and Replenishing Conditioner uhh they smelt amazing 😍. One hairstyle that came out from that was the misbehaving Bantu Knots 😍😍😍
Since we can't go to the salon @orshaircare e tlisitse the salon essentials here 🔥 been a long wait but I finally opened my gift 😍— Selloane Maletsatsi Moleli (@kennamaletsatsi) April 12, 2020
The comb is also reminding me of the indoor hair sessions with my mama 😍 I'm keeping this until I decide to go back to having an afro! pic.twitter.com/dRT6orQIqE