The concept of “love” has changed in recent years and relationships and marriage once sacred, are getting more and more ‘fly-by-night’.
While the legends behind how Valentine’s Day started varies, one thing is clear, St Valentine was a romantic figure.
But if St. Valentine could see the demise of ‘love’ in the 21st century, he would shake his head in disbelief. Valentine’s Day has often been criticised for being too commercial in recent years, with the ‘business’ of the day of love becoming seemingly more important than the celebration of love itself. While receiving chocolates and flowers remain a sweet gesture, this too is gradually becoming less common. The expression of love has now reached a level of deep despair, with most couples sending each other emojis or writing on their partner’s Facebook wall to express their “love”.
That said, some couples are not drawn into the hype of 14 February with the belief that they should show appreciation for the beauty of their relationship all year around while others remain single by choice or circumstance. Nowadays, whether you are in a relationship or single, looking and feeling beautiful is a statement of note that every woman lives by. It is a true reflection of self-love and appreciation.
Darling knows that having the freedom to choose and change your hairstyle empowers women and makes them feel beautiful for themselves, not for anyone else, but should you get compliment, that’s just a cherry on top.
Here are some tips on how to achieve the perfect look to celebrate YOU this Valentine’s Day:
- Braided hairstyles can add to your loveliness and make you look very delightful. Darling has a variety of hot water braids, such as One Million, Supers Star and Bling braid collection that comes in different lengths and sizes to choose from and blend perfectly well with your skin tone and outfit for the day.
- For those that are looking for convenience and love a bit of colour, be bold and daring with Darling’s weave range such as the Nikita weave that comes in violet and the Alicia K in Ombre.
- Most fashion lovers are going crazy over curls and wavy hairstyles. If you are one of them, Darling has the Joy, Regina, Brazilian and Galaxy Wave to give you that runway look.
- If the plans for Valentine’s includes wining and dining with the girls, try a more chic and playful look, Darling’s Mini Hollywood curly pixie is the perfect fit.
- For a natural and African look, the bantu locks and Vibration hair extensions are ideal to achieve that ‘soul sister’ look with passion.
“Darling hair extensions are designed to cater to every African women’s hair care needs. We know that women love looking and feeling good for any and every occasion, not just Valentine’s Day. With Darling’s collection of colourful short, curly or natural styles be it, braids or weaves or whatever ‘flies your kite’, you can look good and fall in love with yourself every day,” said Pearle Peane, Darling’s Senior Brand Manager.
Be super fly and daring with Darling!
This Valentine’s Day, nna le Darling are asking you not to wait for someone else to tell you how beautiful you are or what they love about you. We want you to tell the world what you love about yourself, not only on today but every day.
Join the #WhatILoveAboutMe campaign that empowers and celebrates each and every woman, no matter where they are in their life’s journey.
To stand a chance to win one of x4 R500 cash vouchers and hampers to pamper yourself and make yourself feel your best this Valentine’s Day, share your story of self-love on Darling’s Facebook page Darling South Africa today (14 February 2018), tag my Facebook page byMaletsatsi on your story and you could be selected to win!
Don’t forget to hashtag #WhatILoveAboutMe & #byMaletsatsi when you comment! You’ll stand a better chance of winning if you are also a subscriber on the byMaletsatsi website.
Competition end 19 February 2018